A Life Well-Lived

“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." - Psalm 91:1-2
Tim was my amazing older brother, and always found an appropriate way to weave humor and insight into every aspect of life. He had such a bright, sharp mind, full of ideas and dreams, with great wisdom. Sometimes I would wonder about him, being a young guy with an “old soul,” being able have perspective past the moment and look at the overall situation. I truly miss his compassionate approach to parenting, his generosity in giving of his time and encouragement, his contagious, genuine love for people.
Tim and Jeni were such strong supporters when we moved to western CO for a pastorate job five years ago. That required sacrificing fun family times, a chance for cousins to grow up around the block from each other. Yet I think he saw the larger scope of nearly everything in life, and in an instant. What a gift!
His witty tendencies could soften a situation. I miss the strong, peaceful presence he would provide, the balanced approach to a stressful moment in parenting, the solutions he offered, his readiness to listen and help shift my perspective. Sometimes he’d initiate a debate…and take the other side…just to mess with my mind. And then we’d be friends again. But he was a great critical thinker!
How interesting to see the Lord had prepared Tim all along, and the evidence was realizing his readiness. He had prepared Tim’s relationships and soul. Certainly he knew the sweetness of God’s miracle 7 years before his death; and he absolutely lived a tremendous legacy.
I think Tim would urge us to live in wisdom and with fervor; to be changed. To care for those who remain – to bless, love, and provide for Jeni, Blake, Logan and Dekker. Tim would encourage us toward purposeful life, to remain on a course of outreach and intentional love, keeping Christ in the center of everything.

Comments

  1. Beautiful and well said! Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- sweet friend. Your honesty continues to be inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts